onsdag 11. april 2012

30 Rock

A)   A)  This episode of 30 Rock is a good example of how prejudice often is somewhere in everyone’s subconscious, even though you’re like Liz Lemon, who is convinced that she is the least prejudiced and most anti-racist person in the world, somehow the media and people around you makes people skeptical towards some ethnicities.
B)    B)  I think using humor is a good way to approach sensitive topics, because it makes people aware of how ignorant they act when reacting the way they might. By watching this episode of 30 Rock, I think a lot of people get embarrassed by seeing how Liz handles the situation based on something she has got all figured out in her mind, without even a little bit of facts. By using humor I believe that people will see how normal but at the same time stupid it is to have these kind of prejudices. On the other hand I don’t think using humor is a good way to approach all sensitive topics. Some topics are just not to be made fun of. For example, I saw this image on Facebook a couple of days ago, with the text “Like planking, but funnier.”
  
When I saw this picture I was really shocked that so many people would like and share this picture, thinking it was funny, when it’s really a tragic story which enlightens a really serious problem we’ve had among us for ages. 

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar