søndag 23. oktober 2011

Australia



I'll be spending the next couple of weeks in Australia, discovering all the culture and attractions there is possible to see. Before leaving, I thought it was necessary to do some research, in an attempt to find out what it really is to see ''down under'', except for kangaroos and surfing.  Here's some of the things I've sorted out about Australias history first and formost.

Up until 1901, Australia was colonized by England. The english government decided that it was an excellent idea to ship the prisoners from the overcrowded prisons in Englan to Australia.

The Australian flag consists of the british flag in the top left corner, and six stars on the other part of the flag. There’s one large, sevenpointed star among the six stars, wich represents the six official states, and one point free in case of upcoming states in the future.
There’s an ongoing debate about wether or not Australia should change their flag to one where their self-government points out more. Their proposition was voted down in the Ausflag campaign.



That's all I have figured out so far! I'll be back later when I have arrived in melbourne, with an entry considering what attractions, sport, concerts and food I'll experience during my stay. 

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar