søndag 23. oktober 2011

Great Barrier Reef!


Today I could check of the first thing on my to-do-list here in Australia!
I went to Queensland to join the course I'd signed up for, so that I could finally do something I have dreamed of for a looong time. Of course to dive into the Great Barrier Reef!
 For me, it was the first thing I thought of when someone mentioned Australia, so actually being able to experience it myself was amazing.



I started out getting to know the other tourist in my group, and I really came along great with all of them! Especially the groupleader, so now i hopefully have my personal guide while I'm here.
We learned alot about security while you're in there, and generally what to do to get the best out of your dive.



When it was finally time to jump in, I got really nervous... I have this weird fobia against large things, so when I realized how large the fishes I would be less then half a metre away from, it was so close that I backed out. It accured that all I needed was some cheering up from my companions and leaders, and I was ready to go!
And GOD I'm glad I did it!



I can't describe the regrets I would have had if I decided not to. It was the experience of a lifetime! All the colors, fishes, turtles, clear water.. I'ts unbeliavable. I've always been fascinated by the ocean, so I think Australia have to impress me quite a bit to top this!



Thanks to Wikipedia and google images!

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar